Teachers Suzanne, Mary, and Mimi
Week October 25 -29 Vol. 4 Learning Resource
Message from Teachers
We hope you have had a chance to enjoy the beauty that Fall brings. Some of the days are warm and sunny, while others are cold and rainy! Now is the time for layers of clothing and boots. It is a good time to let your child talk about and draw about the weather. What will it be like today? Please look through this resource and enjoy some fun learning with your child. Reach out to us always for any questions or concerns!
(206) 398-9699 (206) 532-6919 (206) 643-8121
BE A COMMUNITY
Our four program-wide expectations are Be Compassionate, Be Curious, Be a Community and Be Courageous. This week we will focus on how children can Be A Community.
We are A Community when we:
- Are kind to one another
- Take care of one another
- Embrace our differences and cultures
- Share what we know and care about
- Solve problems together
In this week’s learning resource, you will find an activity related to this week’s expectation. Let us know how it went!
Language / Literacy
Read- Good Night Daniel: Read along with Kristen Bell as she reads goodnight Daniel. This book has lots of rhyming words. See if you can hear them!
Math / Science
Activity: How tall are you?
When you talk about family in your home, you can measure with measuring tape to see who is the shortest and tallest. Write the numbers down and count how many shoes tall or hands tall or short your Mom or sister is than you!
Math / Science
Pumpkin Apple Muffins
Cooking and Baking is a fun way to learn about the science as the ingredients change form. It is also a fun way to learn math concepts by measuring, adding, and comparing. With the help of family and friends, this activity is also a Community effort.
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 15 ounce pumpkin, canned
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop apples (will need 1 cup).
- Mix flour, sugar, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl. Mix in pumpkin puree and oil.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chopped apple.
- Line muffin pan with baking cups or spray each tin with cooking spray. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full and bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.