WEEK: July 19, 2021
THEME: Summer Fun
VOCABULARY WORDS: beside, above, below
Language / Literacy
Mouse and her friend Minka are finding some yummy summer treats!
Do you like watermelon? Do you think Mouse likes it?
Click the link to find out!
MOUSE’S FIRST SUMMER by Lauren Thompson
Do you like summer? Can you see the stars in the sky at night? The sun shines in summer. Let’s practice making the letter S.
You will need:
Pencil or marker
Click here to practice the letter s. https://video.link/w/Svs4c
Art / Writing
MAKE A MUD PIE!
This art project is best for outside. You need
3) an old bowl or pie pan
4) a spoon
Mix the water and dirt until it makes sticky mud. You can stir it with a spoon or with your hands.
Put the mud into a pie pan and decorate with grass, rocks, leaves or flowers.
Set the table and invite someone to your mud pie dinner!
SINK OR FLOAT
Take a walk around your house and find some small things that can get wet.
- Have mom or dad help you get big bowl or pan of water.
- Gently put one thing at a time in the water.
- Does it sink to the bottom? or float on top?
- Draw a line down the middle of a piece of paper. On one side draw a picture of all the things that sink. On the other side draw all the things that float.
- Which side has more, the sink side or the float side?
Movement / Play
PARENT – Take a summertime walk outside with your child to look for signs of summer and listen for summer sounds. Ask questions and help him use his sense of touch, sight, hearing and smell.