WEEK: July 12, 2021
THEME: Summer Fun: Camping
LETTER: A, B
VOCABULARY WORD: beside
Language / Literacy
Freda Plans a Picnic, by Stuart J Murphy
Freda plans a picnic with her friends. Listen carefully and see if you can remember what Freda does first, then what she does next.
It’s a big job to plan a picnic!
Plan your own summer picnic! You will need
- Pencil or marker
First draw pictures or write the names of the people you will invite to the picnic.
Then draw a picture or write where you will have the picnic. Will it be in the back yard? On the porch? In the living room?
Next draw pictures or write what food you will have at the picnic.
Now invite the people on your list and have an adult help you get the food ready!
Art / Writing
Now draw a colorful picture of your picnic! Who will be there? What food will you eat? Is the sun in the sky?
PLAY A GAME OF “I SPY”
- The first player looks at something but does not tell what it is. Just think of it in your mind.
- She gives one clue. She might say “I SPY something green.”
- Other players take turns guessing. “Is it grass?” They keep guessing until someone gets it right.
Inside or outside or in the waiting room at the doctor’s office: you can play “I SPY” almost anywhere!
Movement / Play
GAMES: FAMILY HIDE AND SEEK
Try a family game of HIDE and SEEK. This is a great game indoors or out. One person covers their eyes and counts while the others hide.
CHANGE IT UP: The one covering her eyes doesn’t have to only count numbers! Other ideas are:
- Sing the ABC song two times (with eyes closed)
- Clap their hands ___ times. 50? 30? 20? (with eyes closed)
- Do 50 jumping jacks (eyes open for safety, turn back to other players)