Newsletter for August 16-20, 2021
Make trips a way to encourage reading by reading aloud traffic signs, billboards, and notices. Continue to ask open-ended questions. Open-ended questions are questions that cannot be answered with just a yes or no.
- Go for a walk or bike ride with your family. When you get home ask your child about some of the things you seen on your trip.
- Watch Teacher Keke video for the week https://vimeo.com/445643812 password: NH
**Dance, Freeze, Melt
- Sing a 3 songs you know from school
Take a break with your family, sit and watch a movie together, talk about the movie after it ends.
- Do a counting game with your child using coins around the house.
- Read a story and have your child retell the story to you using the pictures in the book.
Language / Literacy
Look Out Kindergarten Here I Come by Nancy Carlson
This is the story of Henry, who is excited to start Kindergarten.
Art / Writing
Try freezing watercolor or tempera paint and then draw/paint on heavy paper or cardboard. It’s refreshing and fun! Or try freezing food color water and painting on the sidewalk.