Teacher Juliet, Teacher Genet, Teacher Mahi, Teacher Meskerem
May 31 – June 4, 2021 Spring Newsletter Volume 26
BECOME A U.S CITIZEN
Let us help you get started
Overview of citizenship process
Naturalization or the process of becoming a U.S. citizen takes anywhere from 5-8 months or longer depending on your situation. This is administered by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
We suggest you get help with this process from a qualified non-profit agency or immigration attorney, or by attending a free citizenship workshop. You can also complete the application yourself using CitizenshipWorks.
Movement / Play
Toddlers Corner By:
Fun Activities for toddler (12 – 18 Months)
- Make a sorter with ping-pong balls and a container
A toddler’s task is to get a ball in the container using ice cream scoop. Younger toddlers can use their hands instead of a scoop. Great for development of hand eye coordination.
- Throw ping-pong balls into a box.
The goal is to get balls inside a box because toddler loves to throw stuff
Using cardboard box or any box toddler will throw and get the ball inside the box. Great for hand eye coordination, gross motor skills and fun for the whole family!
Language / Literacy
By: Learning Dynamics
Short Vowel Aa
Book 6 Mat and Dad
Help the child sound out these new words before reading this book.
Mat sad nap taps
Dad and mad sad
Sight Words: is has a
Ask these questions after reading the book:
- Why does Mat tap Dad?
- What does Dad do when Mat taps him?
- Why is Mat sad?
- Was Dad mad?
Read by: It’s Reading Time
What is Memorial Day?
Math / Science
Let’s count to 100 | Super Simple Song
Red, white, blue paper, scissors, stapler, tape, ruler, marker
- Collect all materials needed.
- Using the ruler and a marker, make a line in a red, white, blue paper.
- Ask your child to cut the paper following the straight line.
- Using a stapler or tape connect the paper strips and encourage your child to create a pattern using the three (3) colors.
SHAVING CREAM FIREWORKS PAINTING
Shaving Cream, Red and Blue Paint or Food Coloring, Toothpicks, Paper, Pan with Low Sides, Stiff Paper or Cardboard (just used some junk mail)
- Fill up the pan with shaving cream.
- Use the stiff paper or cardboard to smooth out the shaving cream.
- Try to get it level so the paint or food coloring will not run and stay circle when it drop.
- Drop red and blue paint in dots all over the shaving cream.
- Take a toothpick and start in the center drawing straight out, like making rays on a sun.
- When all of the fireworks done lay the paper on the shaving cream and pat very gently to make a print.
- Set a minute and you see the paint soaking into the paper from the other side.
- Gently peel the paper off the shaving cream.
- You have a beautiful fireworks painting!
Art / Writing
Simple Cut Paper | American Flag
Arts and Crafts
Red, white, and blue paper
- Make a straight line in the red paper.
- Encourage your child to cut following the straight line.
- Glue the red stripe into white paper.
- Cut the blue square and draw star to create an American Flag.
Memorial Day Writing
After making an American Flag, ask your child to write a letter address to our soldier.
Empty Paper Towel Rolls (cut in half)
Small Plastic or Toy Figure
This activity needs many materials. Collect all your toilet or paper towel rolls instead of throwing away.
Keep all materials in a container and pull out if your child wants to play with it. Challenge your child to build a tall tower or anything that they could think of. This activity will develop your child’s creative thinking ability.
Movement / Play
Most kids would love to sit in front of their iPad for hours. Instead, turn their “device” time into exercising fun by turning on some kid-friendly YouTube Exercise Videos.
GoNoodle: This channel provides the greatest variety of get-you-moving videos for kids.
Cosmic Kids Yoga: This channel includes a huge collection of videos that focus on yoga and mindfulness wrapped in fun, interactive adventures – building kids’ strength, balance and confidence.
Build Your Body and Build Your Brain | Jack Hartmann
Kids Workout 1 Beginners | Warm Up
Candle and Flower Breathing
PE at Home | Ball Movement
Kids Ball Workout | Mini Pop Kids
Russian Dance Basketball Routine
Beach Ball Exercise