Teachers Martha Dominguez and Mamata Das | ECEAP Class 126
Spring 2021 Vol. 21 | Week of 04/26-30/2021
Immigrant Relief WA https://www.immigrantreliefwa.org/
Expanded Seattle-King County Immigrant Legal Defense Network
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- Colectiva Legal del Pueblo
- Entre Hermanos
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
- Kids in Need of Defense
- Refugees Northwest
- Parks and Recreation http://www.seattle.gov/parks/find/pools
- Nine Awesome Activities to Learn the Alphabet for Toddlers, Preschool and Kindergarten https://video.link/w/zdemc
On April 30th Celebrates Dia del Nino!!
El Origen de las Piñatas https://video.link/w/DgTkc
Language / Literacy
Would you try to learn the words in Spanish?
These are the LYRICS to sing when someone is hitting the Pinata!
¡Dale, dale, dale, no pierdas el tino,
porque si lo pierdes, pierdes el camino!
Ya le diste una, ya le diste dos,
ya le diste tres y tu tiempo se acabó
Hit it, hit it, don’t you lose your aim,
Because if you lose it, then you lose the way,
Already hit it once, hit it twice, hit it three times and
Your time is up!
Teacher Martha Sings Dale, Dale!
Art / Writing
PAINT POPCORN PINATA PINEAPPLE
Parents: The links below, are for you to get ideas of the things you can do to support your child’s fine motor skills development; you don’t have to print them!
Education.com Worksheet | Tracing Practice https://www.education.com/download/workbook/99311/cutting-tracing-fun-workbook.pdf
Video: Pencil Control Activity- https://www.theottoolbox.com/upper-lower-case-letter-seek-and-find/
Math / Science
Book: “One is a Piñata”
Do you have any instruments at home? Try making sounds with different objects. For example; metal spoons like the lady from the video, rubber bands around a tissue box, the pot lids and a wooden spoon. The grader when you scratch it with a stick.
Or simple sit outside, or near your window. What do you hear?
Making a Piñata requires concentration, eye-hand coordination, problem solving and lots of patience! There’s lots of different styles and designs. This is how I made mine!
Teacher Martha Makes a Piñata!
Movement / Play
Spring PE This or That | Coach Smith https://video.link/w/9tZlc
Animal Action Activity Instructions: https://www.yourtherapysource.com/files/Animal_Action_A_to_Z_Freebie.pdf
- Roll 2 dice and add the numbers
- Find the animal with the same number
- Move like the animal in the picture
- Socks Blocks by Your Therapy Source
Cut off the toes in the socks of mismatching socks, and roll them up!
- Put them on a child’s wrist. When they take the sock off, they are crossing midline and working on one of the steps of undressing.
- Squeeze them over a bottle to make some stacking rings. See how high you can pile them.
- Tie some old tights between two sock blocks and play tug of war.
- Practice juggling.