The Neighborhood House Board of Directors stands behind policies and investments that support the health and well-being of low-income people and communities. Specific 2022 legislative measures and agenda include the following.
- Wage equity study and movement to increase human services wages in government contracts and vendor rates.
- $160k funding from King County for prevention coalitions for 7 communities (Southeast, Southwest, White Center/North Highline, Central, Auburn, Enumclaw, Vashon).
- $7.3 million add to state CSBG matching budget proviso to match federal CSBG funding, prioritizing BIPOC and rural communities.
- Early learning – protect and sustainably fund access to high quality early learning.
- Decriminalize Commercial Tobacco. Addressing systemic racism in the enforcement of commercial tobacco control.
- Support legislation and investments that further the 10 year plan to dismantle poverty
- CSBG Modernization Act of 2021 HR 5129
- Continuing to push for the Build Back Better Act
- H.R. 4 John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2021
- H.R.3684 – Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
We support the priorities of the following advocacy groups across Seattle, King County, Washington, and the US.
- Seattle Human Services Coalition
- King County Human Services Coalition
- Seattle-King County Coalition on Homelessness
- Youth Development Executives of King County
- Black Lives Matter Seattle-King County
- Washington State Community Action Partnership
- Early Learning Action Alliance
- Washington Low Income Housing Alliance
- Governor’s Equity Policy Package
- 10 Year Plan to Dismantle Poverty
Other advocacy and legislative measures supported by Neighborhood House:
- Supporting and helping pass the Fair Start for Kids Act to support early learning and child care in Washington.
- Supporting progressive state revenue in Washington
- Calling on Washington state to prioritize COVID vaccines for elderly adults
- Calling on Congress to include all families in the next COVID stimulus
- Passing JumpStart Seattle legislation for progressive city revenue
- Decriminalizing Seattle
- Rescuing child care subsidies with CARES funding
- Adopting equitable budget policies to rebuild from pandemic
- Ending homelessness sweeps in Seattle
- Addressing and protecting the needs of early learning during COVID-19
- Instating eviction moratorium in Washington during COVID-19
- Banning the sale of flavored vaping products to youth in Washington