BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House helps diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, financial independence health and community building. In support of this mission, Neighborhood House is committed to providing quality early childhood education services to preschool children at several locations throughout King County.
- Assist in creating a safe learning environment reflecting the diverse backgrounds of the participating families
- Provide general assistance to Lead Teacher by working with small groups or individual children needing extra help
- Assist the teaching aide in ensuring classroom preparation and cleanliness
- Participate in leading activities and supervising the class
- Other duties as assigned
- Desire and ability to work with children ages 3 – 5.
- Willingness to commit to students and Lead Teacher. This involves consistency in showing up for scheduled classroom sessions.
- Team player who is resourceful, proactive, and comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Good listening and oral/written communication skills and a non-judgmental, positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Must provide proof of a negative TB screening dated within the past calendar year.
LOCATION & TIMES
Rainier Vista Early Childhood Center (South Seattle): 4410 29th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108
Monday through Thursday: 8:00am-4:00pm. Volunteers can select volunteer shifts within these times.