Neighborhood House partners with diverse individuals and families to build community and achieve their goals for health, education and self-sufficiency. The Neighborhood House Family Resource Center provides a variety of services to the High Point community.
The High Point Family Resource Center in West Seattle is currently hosting a beginner ESL class for adults. We are seeking volunteers who are interested in supporting students who are starting at a beginner level (0-1 skill with speaking, writing and reading). Students at this level require a lot of help as they may not know the alphabet and we are trying to build up skills from zero knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to work with adult learners in a kind and patient manner
- Interest in working with diverse communities
- Ability to make a consistent weekly commitment
- No previous ESL experience necessary!
- 1 Lead Instructor-- someone who is comfortable providing oversight to class structure and curriculum.
- 2 Support Volunteers-- will work with lead instructor, providing small group and 1-on-1 support of students.
Our current need is for classes on Monday and/or Wednesday, 10:00-11:30am
Neighborhood House High Point Center
6400 Sylvan Way SW, Seattle, WA 98126
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Courtney Jacob, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206) 461-8430 ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.