Accountant II - Accounts Payable
Reports To: Controller
Status: Regular, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year
Hiring Range: 19 ($21.69 to $24.10 per hour)
Closing Date: November 1st, 2018, or when filled
The Accounts Payable Accountant performs general accounting duties including, but not limited to, accounts payable, maintaining procurement files, updating Excel Forms, insurance records and general ledger reconciliations.
At Neighborhood House we have a deep commitment to our employee’s and client’s diverse experiences and backgrounds that guides our work for a more equitable future. We are seeking a team member that represents our dedication to service, equity and inclusion, to join our diverse team.
- Check all account coding to assure accuracy before entry into accounting software.
- Review all invoices and payment request forms for appropriate documentation and approval prior to processing payment.
- Issue checks following accounting timeline.
- Maintain vendor files and keep information updated.
- Ensure bank deposits are made following fiscal guidelines.
- Issue petty cash advances and track that petty cash accounts are closed upon employee termination.
- Issue purchase order numbers and maintain purchase order log.
- Understand and follow procurement procedures, maintain major procurement files.
- Maintain vendor TIN's for 1099 forms, processes 1099's at year-end.
- Reconcile selected payable accounts and assist in reconciling other general ledger balance sheet accounts.
- Assist auditors during audit process.
- Cross train on payroll and grants billing and backup for Payroll and Grants Billing staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- AA in Accounting (BA preferred) and 2 years accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience (with Department Director’s approval).
- Proficient in Excel and demonstrated knowledge of Word and Access software programs.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skill with the ability to multitask and prioritize with relatively limited supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Position includes considerable importing and exporting of data, use of pivot tables.
- Must be able to learn, navigate and use multiple databases, including financial software, internal Access databases and spreadsheet tools, online grantor and banking databases.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective positive professional relationships with staff, management, and external contacts.
- Flexible work hours with occasional evening and weekend work.
- Ability to work with and be sensitive to a diverse cultural, ethnic and racial population.
- Willingness to comply with the established agency performance standards which may include: productivity/personal responsibility, client/customer service-orientation, embracing a team player orientation, and maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Current First Aid Certificate within 30 days of hire.
- Current CPR Certificate within 30 days of hire.
- Sexual Harassment Training within 30 days of hire.
- Child Abuse and Neglect training (within 2 weeks of hire).
- Must pass Neighborhood House background check requirements.
- Position requires Washington State bi-annual criminal background re-check.
for more details about our benefits program.
Neighborhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, age, sex, color, creed, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, mental or physical handicap, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality) and expression of gender identity or any other classification protected by law. Neighborhood House encourages and gives hiring preference to current and former Head Start parents and children. We encourage people of color and residents of the communities we serve to apply.
Submit agency application
along with resume and cover letter. For your convenience, we offer several ways for you to submit your completed application:
In Person or Mail to
8:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday
1225 S. Weller Street, Suite 510
Seattle, WA 98144
Attn: Human Resources
For more information
Inquiries may be directed to Human Resources at (206) 461-8430 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org