Teachers: Martha Dominguez and Mamata Das | Remote Learning
SUMMER 2021 Vol. 30 | Week of 06.28-7.02.2021
WEDNESDAY JUNE 30TH, 2021 FROM 12:00 – 1:00 P.M.
THANK YOU PARENTS!
It’s been a pleasure, playing and learning with your child!
PARENTS, PLEASE BE SAFE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS!
IS GOING TO BE VERY HOT, CHECK FOR THE COOLING CENTERS BELOW.
- Seasonal Fun https://www.parentmap.com/taxonomy/term/483
- Sun Safety – Sunscreen – Healtychildren.org https://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/at-play/Pages/Sun-Safety.aspx
- Swim Safety Tips – Healtychildren.org https://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/at-play/Pages/Summer-Safety-Tips-Sun-and-Water-Safety.aspx
- Staying Safe Outdoors – Healtychildren.org https://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/at-play/Pages/Summer-Safety-Tips-Staying-Safe-Outdoors.aspx
- Is it Safe for Families to Travel Yet? https://www.healthychildren.org/English/tips-tools/ask-the-pediatrician/Pages/Will-it-be-safe-for-our-family-to-travel-over-spring-break.aspx
In order to stay out of the upcoming heat this weekend, King County and some jurisdictions have opened and/or identified places that are open and welcoming people to come cool down.
Local malls (The Outlet Collection in Auburn, Westfield Southcenter Mall in Tukwila, Northgate Station in Seattle), libraries, and movie theaters are all good places to cool off.
King County Library System will have the following libraries open on Friday, June 25 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and Saturday, June 26 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) (all people must wear masks, whether vaccinated or not, and per Governor Inslee’s orders, are open at 50% capacity):
Friday: (go to https://kcls.org for locations and directions) Tukwila, Kent, Woodmont, Enumclaw, Woodinville, Federal Way 320th, Boulevard Park, Lake Hills, Skyway, Lake Forest Park, Kirkland, Vashon, Muckleshoot, Black Diamond, Algona Pacific, Fall City and Carnation
Saturday: Tukwila, Kent, Woodmont, Enumclaw, Woodinville, Federal Way 320th, Boulevard Hills, Skyway, Lake Forest Park, Kirkland, Vashon, Muckleshoot, Black Diamond, Algona Pacific, Skykomish, Snoqualmie
King County Department of Community and Human Services will be opening the 4th and Jefferson Day Center as a cooling center.
Links to cooling centers around the county (click on links for directions/hours):
Bellevue – Bellevue Square, Marketplace at Factoria, water options
Federal Way – Federal Way Community Center
Issaquah – Issaquah Community Center
Kirkland – Community Centers
Maple Valley – Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce
Normandy Park – Council Chambers
Pacific – Pacific Senior Center
SeaTac – SeaTac Community Center
Seattle (updated 6/25) – Cooling centers/libraries/pools
Through Monday, all those who visit Pacific Place will have access to the following promotions:
- AMC: Unlimited popcorn refills through Wednesday, June 30
- AT&T: Buy two accessories, get one free
- Aveda: Free liter of hand and body wash with $125 purchase through Sunday, June 27
- Bezel & Kiln: Free gift with $50 purchase
- Ghost Gallery: 10% off all purchases
- The Handmade Showroom: Free gift with $20 purchase
- Pike Place Chowder: 10% off chilled gazpacho
Spray Parks (starting Saturday, June 26, 11am-8pm everyday)
- Beacon Mountain at Jefferson Park, 3901 Beacon Ave. S
- John C. Little, 6961 37th Ave. S
- Lower Judkins, 2150 S Norman St.
- Georgetown Playfield, 750 S Homer St.
- Highland Park, 1100 SW Cloverdale
- Lake Union Park, 860 Terry Ave. N
- Miller Community Center, 330 19th Ave. E
- Northacres Park, 12800 1st Ave. NE
- Yesler Terrace Park , 917 Yesler Way
Lifeguarded Beaches (starting Saturday, June 26, noon to 7 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays):
- Matthews, 9300 51st Ave. NE through September 5
- Madison, 1900 43rd Ave. E through September 5
- Mt. Baker, 2301 Lake Washington Blvd. S through September 5
- Seward, 5902 Lake Washington Blvd. S through September 5
- West Green Lake, 7312 W Green Lake Dr. through September 5
- Magnuson, park entrance at NE 65th and Sand Point Way NE through August 28
- Madrona, 853 Lake Washington Blvd. through August 28
- Pritchard Beach, 8400 55th S through August 28
- “Pop” Mounger Pool, 2535 32nd W, daily, 9 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m., visit here for public swim times.
- Colman Pool, 8603 Fauntleroy Way SW, daily, noon to 7 p.m., visit here for public swim times.
Language / Literacy
Libro de Colores y Rima:
iYo Puedo Leer con los Ojos Cerrados!
I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!
Song: Keep On Trying | Inspirational Song for Kids https://video.link/w/vCW2c
Activity: Creative Writing | if you’re not able to print the document, use any other kind of paper.
Idea: Escritura Creativa
Su niña va a escribir en un párrafo cómo es un típico día de verano. Tiene que describir lo que hace; desde que se levanta, hasta que se va a dormir. Por su puesto que su niño todavía no puede escribir, pero usted puede escribir lo que ella le dicte.
Movement / Play
Virtual Class of 2020-2021!
Password is: NH
Song: “I’m Ready to Go” https://video.link/w/tFK2c
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL CHILDREN!
LORENZO, AISHA A., FURTUNA, RUFTA, AHMED, AMIRA, THANH, AND MARIK
BELLA & ATHENA, SUMAYAH & ABDULLAH, SIMRA & SUHAYLA
ALLISON, LUZ & NASRA
Math / Science
“Mangonada con Chamoy”
Families, I’d like to share this delicious Summer drink called “Mangonada con Chamoy”
Story: Too Many Mangoes
Summer Vibes – Happy Music Beats to Relax, Work, Study!
Story: Sharing a Shell
Share with child about your own experiences where you had to share something important, like your home with family or friends!
You might want to make try these activities!
Song: Down in the Deep Blue Sea
Movement / Play
Easy Science Experiments to Do at Home | by Crafts for Kids
16 Trucos de Dibujo para niños
16 Tricks to Paint with children
Action Song: “A,B,C, Easy 1,2,3 by ABCmouse.com
PLACES YOU MAY LIKE VISITING THIS SUMMER!
ALKI BEACH SEATTLE CENTER
BURKE MUSEUM ANGLE LAKE IN SEATAC