Ms. Hanifa and Ms. Nadifa
High Point – Community Center
September 27 – October 1, 2021
- Class will meet for 30 minutes once weekly on Wednesday at 3:00.
- Mask wearing tips for kids below.
- This week we will focus on emotions. Talk to your child about different emotions at home and say how they are feeling out loud.
Movement / Play
Practice how to skip with your child. Allow you and your child to watch https://safeshare.tv/my/safeviews/ss601ceea9e9016/play this explains how to move your body to practice skipping. (1-5 times a week for 15 minutes)
Art / Writing
Using a marker have a free draw. Let your child draw whatever they want. Practice with your child to hold the marker with three fingers. (1-3 times a week for 10 minutes)
Thumb below and fingers on top
Math / Science
- Practice writing and identifying a Triangle.
- Look for triangle shaped things in your house.
- Video: https://video.link/w/DlMAc Triangle Song
- Video: https://video.link/w/jnMAc Read Aloud Love, Triangle by Marcie Colleen
- (20 minutes 3 times a week)
Language / Literacy
- Shared Book Reading
- Pick a familiar book in your household or use the one below.
- On each page ask your child what is going on in the picture.
- Then read the story
- Continue asking first then reading the story book to your child.
- Story: Very Hungry Caterpillar by Carle
- ABC song
- Practice saying letter and identifying letter with the song.
- Video: https://video.link/w/g179c
(Time 10 minutes/ day)
Math / Science
- Teach your child to wear a mask to protect themselves from getting sick. Use the videos below to help your child learn the importance of masks and handwashing.
- https://video.link/w/j479c Why do I have to wear a mask?
- https://video.link/w/M579c Jack Hartman
- https://video.link/w/G679c Why do people wear masks at school? By Teacher Nicole
Challenge of the Week:
Talk about happy versus excited. What does it mean to be happy? Or excited? (10 minutes)