High Point – Community Center
April 26-30, 2021
- April 30, 2021 NO CLASS
- Tutorial for News Letter https://vimeo.com/536903490
- Tools of the Mind link https://vc.toolsathome.org/wonderful-dolphin-3532 Explore in Child Center.
- Use this link to receive learning materials from the Library or you can use curbside pick option: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemPMzI8XURRx0kCkrZ0TPk2MvJaCZtYAuCcJ3uQbpALX6dLQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Prepare all materials in backpack.
- REMINDER: Please remove any distractions (toys, TV, Distractions)
- REMINDER: Please have your child use the bathroom before class starts.
- All videos have a password please refer to the text message or email.
Tuesday April 27, 2021
Classroom Chant, Expectations Review, Emotions Check-In, Social-Emotional Lesson Loss of A Pet or a Loved One. https://video.link/w/OJ4nc , Attention Focusing Activity (Open Shut Them), Good Bye Song
Materials: Paper and color crayons
Classroom Chant, Calendar (Months of the Year), Short Weather, Attention Focusing Activity (Open Shut Them), Mystery Question, Freeze Game, Two Clues Tuesday Activity, Good Bye Song
- Class Room chant, Literacy Review (Numbers 1-10], Story Lab: Character Empathy Mango ,Abuela and Me (TOTM) Good Bye Song
Materials needed: Magic board, play dough or paper and marker
Wednesday April 28, 2021
- Classroom Chant, Review Classroom Expectations, Calendar and Days of the Week, Month of the Year, Remember and Replicate.
- Materials: Play Dough
- Classroom Chant, Math Memory, Play plan focus (Lines) Goodbye Song
- Materials: Paper and marker/crayon or Magic Board
Classroom Chant, Message of the Day (We are going to draw), Share The News and Good Bye Song
Materials needed: Paper, marker
Thursday April 29, 2021
- Classroom Chant, Science Eyes Activity, Freeze Game, Remember and Replicate, Good Bye Song
- Materials: Play Dough
- Classroom Chant, Review Weekly Learnings, Fine motor, Space Man, Activity, Good Bye Song
- Scissor, paper
- Classroom Chant, Review Classroom Expectations, Weather , Story Work Shop, Good Bye Song
- Materials: Paper and Marker
Friday April 30, 2021 No CLASS
Challenge of the Week:
Practice clapping and singing along to our Months of the year song. Clap to every syllable. https://safeshare.tv/my/safeviews/ss6078b071d02d7/play
(15 minutes/ daily)
Movement / Play
While outside or in a large area practice kicking the ball while running. (1-5 times a week for 30 minutes)
Language / Literacy
Read Story Lab: Mango Abuela and Me Moon from (Tools at Home Link) talk about how the characters feel during the middle and end of the book.
Math / Science
- Review number 1-10
- Number Recognition
- Counting out 1:1
(10 minutes 3 times a week)
Art / Writing
- Watch this video: https://vimeo.com/534121927 Paint letters and a picture in this activity.
- Write a story together (Beginning, End)
- Draw a picture of what happens in the story
- Say the Story out loud
- Example:There was a dragon. He flew across the ocean.
- Help your child draw lines for their story.
Make Play dough together with your child, recipe below. Take turns mixing dry ingredients, make a plan together and give your child the choice of playdough food coloring.