High Point – Community Center
April 19-23, 2021
- Tutorial for News Letter https://vimeo.com/536903490
- Tools of the Mind link https://vc.toolsathome.org/wonderful-dolphin-3532 Explore in Parent Center.
- Use this link to receive learning materials from the Library or you can use curbside pick option: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemPMzI8XURRx0kCkrZ0TPk2MvJaCZtYAuCcJ3uQbpALX6dLQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Early Entrance Kindergarten Application Deadline April 15, 2021
- Prepare all materials in backpack.
- REMINDER: Please remove any distractions (toys, TV, Distractions)
- REMINDER: Please have your child use the bathroom before class starts.
- All videos have a password please refer to the text message or email.
Tuesday April 20, 2021
Classroom Chant, Expectations Review, Emotions Check-In, Social-Emotional Lesson Learns To Get Along With Others. https://youtu.be/mDzpQYqXhdM , Attention Focusing Activity (Open Shut Them), Good Bye Song
Materials: Paper and color crayons
Classroom Chant, Calendar (Months of the Year), Short Weather, Attention Focusing Activity (Open Shut Them), Mystery Question, Freeze Game, Two Clues Tuesday Activity, Good Bye Song
Wednesday April 21, 2021
Classroom Chant, Message of the Day (We are going to listen) , Show and Share (How old are you and favorite thing to do at home and Good Bye Song
Materials needed: Paper, marker
- Class Room chant, Literacy Review (Letters A-F Review ], Story Lab: Character Empathy(TOTM) Good Bye Song
Materials needed: Magic board, play dough or paper and marker
Thursday April 22, 2021
- Classroom Chant, Math Memory, Play plan focus (lines) Goodbye Song
- Materials: Paper and marker/crayon or Magic Board
- Classroom Chant, Calendar, Weather (Short), Mystery Question (red) Attention Focusing Activity (Open Shut Them), Science Eyes Activity, Freeze Game, Remember and Replicate, Good Bye Song
- Materials: Play Dough
Friday April 23, 2021
- Classroom Chant, Review Weekly Learnings, Fine motor, Space Man, Activity, Good Bye Song
- Scissor, paper
- Classroom Chant, Review Classroom Expectations, Calendar and Days of the Week, and Month of the Year (Short), Weather , Story Work Shop, Good Bye Song
- Materials: Paper and Marker
Challenge of the Week:
Practice clapping and singing along to our Months of the year song. Clap to every syllable. https://safeshare.tv/my/safeviews/ss6078b071d02d7/play
(15 minutes/ daily)
Movement / Play
Go to the park, play catch with a friend or family member. (1-5 times a week for 30 minutes)
Language / Literacy
Read Story Lab: Kittens First Full Moon and talk about how the characters feel during the middle and end of the book.
Math / Science
- Review all the shapes we have learned in class (rectangle, square, triangle, circle, pentagon, and hexagon). Make a Venger drawing using shapes.
Art / Writing
- Watch this video: https://vimeo.com/534121927 Paint letters and a picture in this activity.
- Review and draw Letter A-F, Uppercase and Lower Case. Practice Private Speech
- A :Slant, Slant, Across
- a: around, stop, up, down
- B: Down, bump, bump,
- C: around stop
- D:Down, around, stop
- d: down, stop, up, down
- E: Down, across, across, across
- e: across, around stop
- F: Down: across, across
- f: curve, down, across,
- A :Slant, Slant, Across
Make Play dough together with your child, recipe below. Take turns mixing dry ingredients, make a plan together and give your child the choice of playdough food coloring.