High Point – Community Center
April 5-9, 2021
- Tools of the Mind link https://vc.toolsathome.org/wonderful-dolphin-3532 to Explore in Parent and Child Center.
- Use this link to receive learning materials from the Library or you can use curbside pick option: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemPMzI8XURRx0kCkrZ0TPk2MvJaCZtYAuCcJ3uQbpALX6dLQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Tax Assistance please use the following link https://www.uwkc.org/need-help/tax-help/
- REMINDER: Please remove any distractions (toys, TV, Distractions)
- REMINDER: Please have your child use the bathroom before class starts.
- All videos have a password please refer to the text message or email.
Challenge of the Week:
Brush your teeth every night before going to bed.(15 minutes/ daily)
Movement / Play
- Watch Jack Hartmans Count to 100 and Move https://safeshare.tv/my/safeviews/ss60545a5b99ff0/play (1-5 times a week for 15 minutes)
Language / Literacy
- Read Story Lab: What We Wear, (Active Listening), Tools of the Mind Portal Child section. Talk about clothes you wear that represents your culture. (1-3 times a week for 20 minutes)
2. Watch https://vimeo.com/525214354 This is a read aloud video. I am Enough, is a book that reminds us that we are special in unique ways and to be kind to everyone around us. Talk about what makes you special.
Math / Science
- Do-It-Yourself Mathching Puzzle Activity https://vimeo.com/531494236
- Play I Have Who Has: Shapes (10 minutes 3 times a week)
- Review shapes and use the shapes in the tangram bucket to play along.
Art / Writing
- Practice using Graphics Practice strategies to draw pictures using the water paint kit. (sticks floating on water, dots that don’t touch, blades of grass, raindrops, lollipops and fishbones).
- Practice writing name. First, write their name and last name on a piece of paper. Then, have child practice writing name below.
(Time 10 minutes/ daily)
- Have child build problem solving skills completing 4 seasons puzzle Spring Edition.
- Alternatively, draw a picture of what a tree would look like in the Spring season, then rip it into 4-8 pieces. Next mix up the pieces. Now it is time to solve your puzzle.